~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
    1982 CB900f

Comment

spit and polish is all it needs

Comment

That'll buff right out..

Comment

Was this thing downwind from Mt. St. Helens?

Too bad -- these were nice-looking little machines, and downright respectable motorcycles.

At one time.
          and God said, "Let there be air compressors!"
          __________________________________________________ ______________________
          2009 Suzuki DL650 V-Strom, 2004 HondaPotamus sigpic Git'cha O-ring Kits Here!

Comment

naw parked in the green river for 20 years lol, good parts bike if you can get it apart

Comment

Originally posted by robertbarr View Post
              Was this thing downwind from Mt. St. Helens?

Too bad -- these were nice-looking little machines, and downright respectable motorcycles.

At one time.
              Still are. Totally competent machines, I have an 86 with less than 1000 original miles, one of my permanent "keepers."

Current stable:

85 Kawasaki ZL900 Eliminator
              87 Kawasaki ZL1000 Eliminator
              99 Kawasaki ZRX1100 Eddie Lawson replica
              15 Yamaha VMAX - The Maroon Monsoon

http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o..._Avatar1_1.jpg

Comment

Looks like it was sitting in the open in a poorly equipped fibreglass sanding facility...
                '83 GS650G
                '83 GS550es (didn't like the colours in the 80's, but they've grown on me)

Comment

Probably look much nicer after a good run at the car wash.
                  MY BIKES..1977 GS 750 B, 1978 GS 1000 C (X2)
                  1978 GS 1000 E, 1979 GS 1000 S, 1973 Yamaha TX 750, 1977 Kawasaki KZ 650B1, 1975 Honda GL1000 Goldwing, 1983 CB 650SC Nighthawk, 1972 Honda CB 350K4, 74 Honda CB550

NEVER SNEAK UP ON A SLEEPING DOG..NOT EVEN YOUR OWN.

I would rather trust my bike to a "QUACK" that KNOWS how to fix it rather than a book worm that THINKS HE KNOWS how to fix it.

Comment

Originally posted by 83GS1100E_Tornado View Post
                    Still are. Totally competent machines, I have an 86 with less than 1000 original miles, one of my permanent "keepers."
                    That's a nice bike. It's a rotten shame it doesn't get ridden much!

Comment

It looks like it has been used for what it was designed for... A boat anchor!
                      My Motorcycles:
                      22 Kawasaki Z900 RS (Candy Tone Blue)
                      22 BMW K1600GT (Probably been to a town near you)
                      82 1100e Drag Bike (needs race engine)
                      81 1100e Street Bike (with race engine)
                      79 1000e (all original)
                      82 850g (all original)
                      80 KZ 650F (needs restored)

Comment

Originally posted by storm 64 View Post
                        It looks like it has been used for what it was designed for... A boat anchor!
                        You obviously haven't ridden one, in stock form, it will spank any stock GS1000 or GS1100E in existence. Sub 11 second quarter miles in 1983, fastest production motorcycle ever made at the time. Great all around motorcycle, one of the best ever made, and Honda reliability to boot. The internet noise you hear about bad cams are all just BS, propaganda so a few unscrupulous vendors could make thousands of dollars on unnecessary "oil mod" kits. Total waste of time and money. They are notorious for bad 2nd gears though, but that's the same with the VMAX, and it's just because people bought them and rode the $hit out of them. I've personally owned several over 100K miles with nary a problem with cams OR 2nd gear. Here's some good reading on the REAL story behind the cams "issues."

Current stable:

85 Kawasaki ZL900 Eliminator
                        87 Kawasaki ZL1000 Eliminator
                        99 Kawasaki ZRX1100 Eddie Lawson replica
                        15 Yamaha VMAX - The Maroon Monsoon

http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o..._Avatar1_1.jpg

Comment

My brother had an '83 V65 Magna that I rode a lot. Yes, it was bad-ass for a stock bike in it's day.

Comment

I never rode one, but I ran one 5 runs. I outweighed him by 30 lbs and beat him 4 out of 5, losing only once from missing a shift. He was getting all it had, a better launcher than me. I never saw one of these win a shootout in the mags, but those were always close.

Comment

Never lost to one of them, maybe a magazine tester got a good time with it but nobody I ran across coud beat my lowly 81 11e. Never cared for the rise and fall of the shaft drive very spooky to let off the throttle mid curve, a friend crashed one, he blamed that very thing.
                              sigpic1982 gs750e 1186 oil cooled engine USD front mono shock rear
                              1994 gsxr1100w
                              1981 gs1260dragbike (this one I've owned for29yrs)

Comment

Working...
                              X