Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

'89 GSXR nearing completion.

20160122_224258_resized_zpso0gu0hea[1].jpg

Just have to replace a couple feeble stock connectors and attach the tire hugger and then test ride!

beautiful looking bike. I see you are doing a little touch up paint so it is probably looking pretty good for such vintage bike.

Comment

Killer!
      Are you on gixxer.com/forums? They have an oil cooled section too.
      "Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)
      1982 GS1100G- road bike, body, seat and suspension modded
      1990 GSX750F-(1127cc '92 GSXR engine) track bike, much re-engineered
      1987 Honda CBR600F Hurricane; hooligan bike, restored

Comment

Originally posted by posplayr View Post
        beautiful looking bike. I see you are doing a little touch up paint so it is probably looking pretty good for such vintage bike.
        I guess it does look like there is some painting going on, but that's from the '78 Toro Groundsmaster resto Having said that, it does have quite a few nicks and scratches from what looks like poor transporting in a truck\van. Overall though, very good shape. It only has 25k on it. The previous owner said he couldn't get it to run right after rebuilding the carbs. It's no wonder, he left out 2 balancing springs, o-rings and springs from the mixture screws and somehow during all that, he had pulled the cap plug away from the wire from the coil. All pretty easy fixes. It did need fork seals and I put new wheel bearings in just because.

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo Bill View Post
          Killer!
          Are you on gixxer.com/forums? They have an oil cooled section too.
          I really shoud join that forum and thank them for all the info I gathered from there.

Comment

The bike looks great Mark! I'd really like to see that one in person and hear it run, great stuff.
            Rob
            1983 1100ES, 98' ST1100, 02' DR-Z400E and a few other 'bits and pieces'
            Are you on the GSR Google Earth Map yet? http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=170533

Comment

Need some bar-end weights, Mark? I have a pair from the '94 GSXR1100 front end that's on my 80 GS11.
              2005 Suzuki Hayabusa
              2010 Suzuki GSX1250FA
              2015 BMW RnineT

Dave

Comment

Originally posted by Hayabuser View Post
                Need some bar-end weights, Mark? I have a pair from the '94 GSXR1100 front end that's on my 80 GS11.
                Thanks Dave, it does have a pair but there doesn't seem to be a receiving nut for the throttle side. Just another one of the "little things" I need to sort out.

Comment

Originally posted by Mark1 View Post
                  [ATTACH=CONFIG]43844[/ATTACH]

Just have to replace a couple feeble stock connectors and attach the tire hugger and then test ride!
                  Looking great Mark!

No signature

Comment

Comment

Thank you posplayr.

Comment

Originally posted by posplayr View Post

Nice Bike for sure. Doing any MC Shows? Let us know.

Comment

Wow Mark, it looks awesome!!
                          No signature

Comment

Looks OUTSTANDING ! Did you perform an oem resto ? Here's a pic of my restored 1st gen 750. Lot of money and sweat invested but it came out awesome. My 750 is a weekly driver as well, I don't spend all that money on garage queens ! You may remember me back several years ago, not sure if you saw my finished bike or when it was just a wrecked pile of parts

Last edited by Road_Clam; 03-05-2016, 06:52 AM.
                            '06 HD Fatboy
                            '84 GPz1100

Comment

Working...
                            X