Its a not that obvious thing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Its a not that obvious thing

Customer brought me a 97 GSX 750F Katana with an oil leak and something wrong with the side stand switch. After a good degreasing and wiping of all the gasket contact surfaces around the valve cover gasket, the oil line banjos, etc etc. Couldnt get any new weeping from any of the topside gaskets but there were a few new oil pearls down below where the oil lines and the oil filter all converge.

So to get all the oil wipes off the area i decide it best to remove the oil filter, wipe the area down with rags, restart the bike and watch with my flash light. There was absolutely NO resistance when going to take the filter off. It was loose already!! Bingo...wipe the area off, wipe the oil filter oring off and reinstall filter. No more leaks.

Its one of those thing someone wouldnt assume a problem...usually that is. Side stand switch is toast so a new ones been ordered.
    MY BIKES..1977 GS 750 B, 1978 GS 1000 C (X2)
    1978 GS 1000 E, 1979 GS 1000 S, 1973 Yamaha TX 750, 1977 Kawasaki KZ 650B1, 1975 Honda GL1000 Goldwing, 1983 CB 650SC Nighthawk, 1972 Honda CB 350K4, 74 Honda CB550

NEVER SNEAK UP ON A SLEEPING DOG..NOT EVEN YOUR OWN.

I would rather trust my bike to a "QUACK" that KNOWS how to fix it rather than a book worm that THINKS HE KNOWS how to fix it.

I had that happen on a car. Took it in for an oil change, could smell oil burning all the way home. Took it back and the mechanic discovered he'd only put the filter on hand tight, and it was spraying oil on the exhaust pipe.

Comment

Working...
    X