Suzuki DR100

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Suzuki DR100

So I have been looking at a 1984 DR100 that is for sale locally for a good price. The seller says the igniter is out on it and it runs around $250ish.
    I have been looking for a cheap dirt bike that I or my wife can ride to keep up with our little guy on his XR50. Just something to motor around on and not crazy hill climbing, etc.
    Do you all have opinions on this bike or is there any known issues??

Igniter is out? You mean lighting coil ?
    I rode a mid 80s DR200 many times. Reliable, not enough power to wear itself out, good for putzing around. it'll get you there... Eventually.
    I imagine the 100 would have half the power. If your wife is like mine, ( 5'-0" and 100 lbs) she may be OK, as that bike was designed for a 10-14 yr old kid.

$250 sounds like a good or great price. If it runs, you can grab it, ride it for a few months, and sell for double.

I am a really big fan of the Honda XR / XL. Maintain oil pressure and you can NOT kill them. I think the older XLs are going up in value because you can sumo / chop / rat 'em so easily.
    1980 GS1000G - The Beast - GOING... GOING... yup, it's gone. I'm bikeless !!! GAaaahh !!!
    1978 KZ1000C1 Police - GONE !
    1983 GPZ750, aka ZX750A1 - restored, fresh paint... Gave it back, it was a loaner !!!
    Check My Albums for some of the 30+ headaches I've dealt with

I know -JUST- enough to make me REALLY dangerous !

Comment

Thanks. The seller said it is the cdi that is out. I contacted him and yet to hear back.....
      Appreciate the feedback.

Comment

Are new ones available? I had a Honda Magna with a gremlin... it ate CDI boxes every 10 miles... They were $300 / pair 10 yrs ago.
        Yours should be alot cheaper, but maybe discontinued.
        Be careful with electrical gremlins. They are expensive and no fun.
        $250 for a bike that will not run is no deal to me. I would keep looking.
        1980 GS1000G - The Beast - GOING... GOING... yup, it's gone. I'm bikeless !!! GAaaahh !!!
        1983 GPZ750, aka ZX750A1 - restored, fresh paint... Gave it back, it was a loaner !!!

Comment

CDI units are available new. Put the old one in the oven....runs for 30 mins...so most certainly the issue.
          It's a clean bike.....well maintained.

Comment

Originally posted by bikemtn View Post
            ... Put the old one in the oven.....
            that's a first for me ! Glad it worked out for you.

Comment

DR is now in the stable......what a great bike!

Last edited by Guest; 09-06-2017, 10:21 AM.

Comment

Working...
              X