450 Petcock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

450 Petcock

Well, I started tearing into the 450L to diagnose the dead cylinder problem, and taking the tank off shows me that the petcock is toast. Gas pours out in the ON and RES positions.

From reading the other sections here, the rebuild kits seem pretty sketchy. Would an inline on/off valve work until I can locate a good OEM petcock?

If the metal is in good shape. Ie where it seals inside. A rebuild kit will work just fine. And you could but it might be hard to mount. If you just want I run it and not ride it. You might think about getting an external fuel tank.

Comment

i know my petcok runs through, is stuck open. it has an inline after it, no issues with mine

Comment

They're still available new from Boulevard Suzuki for less than $80... would save a lot of pain trying to fit something different...
        1982 GS450E - The Wee Beastie
        1984 GSX750S Katana 7/11 - Kit Kat - BOTM May 2020

sigpic

450 Refresh thread: https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...-GS450-Refresh

Katana 7/11 thread: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...84-Katana-7-11

Comment

I just got one of these from this Florida guy- $45 delivered. Looks exactly like one I removed - except has lower "RES" pickup which is good on my 650L Claims to also work on 450.

1981 gs650L

"We are all born ignorant, but you have to work hard to stay stupid" Ben Franklin

Comment

Just got a used one off of Ebay for $35 and it works great. Look there.
            1981 GS 450L

2007 Kawasaki Vulcan 900 Custom

The good we do no one remembers.
            The bad we do no one forgets.

Mark 5:36 -- Overhearing what they said, Jesus told him, "Don't be afraid; just believe".

Comment

Sweet. I got mine from a local bike salvage yard.

Comment

I trust the rebuild kits, I bought one from Bike Barn I think and its had 3,000 miles strong already!

Comment

Working...
                X