Cylinder wasn't firing, how bad is it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cylinder wasn't firing, how bad is it?

So after pulling the right side cover, clutch and gear shift shaft to change the oil seal, I was having issues getting the points back set properly. Left for work this morning and the bike was kinda sluggish. Didn't think a whole lot of it til I was halfway to work (about 5 miles). I could not get the bike above 45mph, it was difficult pulling away from stops and I know something isn't right. Get to work and hit my old standby ( The famous GSR, or is that infamous ) and find out that the left cylinder isn't firing. I had to limp it home and fix it. I found that I had put the left wire on the wrong side of the insulator. Anyways, fired it up and got a TON of white smoke. Rode it around for a bit and it seemed to dissipate by the time I got back to the house. Did I totally FUBAR my engine or is it something that will go away never to rear it's ugly head? Thanks folks!

Didn't hurt it at all.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5...tatesMap-1.jpg

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

Thank you so much! THIS is exactly why I stay here, tell others to come here, and am able to ride every day. One minute response?!?! This is what the GSR does.

Comment

Working...
      X