Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Starting fluid caused compression loss????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for the info guys.. My plan is as follows. Gonna work some oil in the cylinders and see what happens. If its still a pain I am gonna bite the bullet and pull the engine and the head and see whats going on in the cylinders then.. Really hope I didn;t cause more damage then its worth as it was running just hung a little before I borked the carbs.. SIGH********

Comment

You see saps doing the full on blast into manifolds all the time. An insane fire hazard esp in a backfire.

The fumes linger for a long time too.

Alas..............

Comment

Thanks Josh.
        mpencegs, if this is what truly happened, all you would have to do is pull the exhaust, carbs, head and cylinder block. The engine can stay in the frame. But don't count your chicks before they hatch. Investigate first. Then analyze. Behind every silver lining there is a dark cloud.

Comment

SO added Marvel Mystery oil to the cylinders and initial compression test shows 95 on 1 and 100 on 2.. I am letting the marvel sit overnight or so and will retest and then go from there.. Gonna check my valves this weekend and see where I am at as well..

Comment

Working...
          X