What rear tire are you running on your 450

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What rear tire are you running on your 450

I am going to need a new rear tire soon. What size should I get. I hear 120/90-16. I have a Avon road rider in the front and I am looking to replace it to match the front tire. I currently have a Dunlap gold seal on the rear. 4.60-16.

That's the info I got, Went with the Bridgestone battleax set, Love them.

Comment

I have a 100/90-19 Kenda Challenger on 19" spoked drum on the front. I had a 120/90-17 Chen Shing on the stock spoked rear. I'm gonna run a 120/90-18 Maxxis Max Classic mounted on a 78' GS400 18" spoked rear when she goes back together.

Comment

BaK,
        I have a new set of Bridgestone Spitfires going on my 450. 100-90-18 up front and 110-90-18 rear. These are slightly older technology but still a good tire, especially on dry pavement. Not quite as good in the wet but now that I'm past 70, I have noticed my cajones shrink a lot when riding in the rain, so I just don't push too hard. The upside is that I picked up the combo set from Motosport for $110 with free freight. I couldn't beat that, even on CCT's (cheap Chinese tires). And at 250lbs. I get plenty of contact patch!.
        Niels

Comment

Working...
        X