Fuel Petcock -GSX-400 S

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fuel Petcock -GSX-400 S

The fuel petcock on our 400 has failed again. This time I want to source one.
    Anyone have experience either in the dis assembly of the cock itself or in finding new ones?

Originally posted by Canv View Post
    The fuel petcock on our 400 has failed again. This time I want to source one.
    Anyone have experience either in the dis assembly of the cock itself or in finding new ones?
    Rebuilding these is iffy- best to replace. You need to know mounting bolt centerline spacing ( 44mm, 46mm or 50mm??? ) ; lots of vendors have them.
    1981 gs650L

"We are all born ignorant, but you have to work hard to stay stupid" Ben Franklin

Comment

If it'll fit, the one off the 80 - 82 450E/S tanks are less than $80 new from Boulevard Suzuki. I might still have my old buggered one down there somewhere I could measure holes etc. for you.

Otherwise www.cmsnl.com may have the parts fiche for the GSX400's to let you get the part number of the correct one.
      1982 GS450E - The Wee Beastie
      1984 GSX750S Katana 7/11 - Kit Kat - BOTM May 2020

sigpic

450 Refresh thread: https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...-GS450-Refresh

Katana 7/11 thread: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...84-Katana-7-11

Comment

Fuel Petcock issues

After reading the many threads on this it seems that the petcocks were extremely unreliable.
        I am considering using a non-vacuum based petcock and placing a plug on the vacuum take off line on the carb's. That way I won't be reliant on a diaphragm shutting off the flow, I will do it as I do on my dirt bike.

Comment

Fuel Petcock size

Yes the manifold width hole to hole is 44mm.
          Old part number is 44300-44172. $85.00 just to fail again.

Comment

Originally posted by Canv View Post
            Yes the manifold width hole to hole is 44mm.
            Old part number is 44300-44172. $85.00 just to fail again.
            Have some faith- some of these critters are still working after 30 plus years. 44 mm centerline spacing is same as mine- I just replaced my original from a Florida guy- $45 delivered- it will last longer than me!
            1981 gs650L

"We are all born ignorant, but you have to work hard to stay stupid" Ben Franklin

Comment

Working...
            X