First real ride on my 2cyl GS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First real ride on my 2cyl GS

Well, it's not even mine, it's the ol lady's. 82 450L. It's in great shape cosmetically. Had a dead cylinder when we got it. Tried a different coil and that wasn't it, so we narrowed it down to the igniter. Which I just received today from a member here. (Thanks again!)

It was in the mailbox when I got home from work today so I went out to the garage and swapped it out. Checked for spark on both plugs and had it, so put everything back together and fired it up. Was idling around 3k rpms. So I shut it down and came back in here to see how to adjust the idle. (I didn't see the idle adjustment knob on first look). Went back out to the garage and gave it a twist and the idle came back down.

It smoked out of the side that had been dead for awhile, but it cleared up. When my girl got home from work, I took her out to the garage to show her and when I fired it up, it was idling around 3k again. Wtf? So I shut it down again and looked around. Decided to get on the bike and start it and it was idling normal again. Hmmm. Turned the handlebars to the right and the rpms jumped back up to 3k. PO put some goofy mini apes on and there's not enough slack in the throttle cable. Got it straightened out enough to test ride it though.

This little thing is a blast. Has plenty of oomph to pack my 240 lbs around. Seems geared pretty good too although I only got it up to 4th so far.

Already have new bars waiting to go on. Needs a new petcock. I put an inline shutoff valve on it to test run it. Needs one turn signal bulb then it will be ready to rock and roll.

Sorry this post is so long, just had to share my excitement. Now I'm super pumped about getting mine back on the road so we can go riding together.

Thanks to all the great members here for all the information and help.

great little bikes huh!!!!!! i ride mine to work every day and wonder why anyone would want anything else?

Comment

Here it is:

Comment

Working...
      X