Main Jet 1983 gr650

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Main Jet 1983 gr650

Anyone out there converted to pods? I'm wondering if someone can give me advice on where to start on main jets when using pods on my gr650 project. I know it's a hit and miss deal. I've switched to pods on other bike, but I'm wondering where to go from the 132.5 main jets that I found in the bike. I assuming 132.5 is stock. In the past I've started two sizes up and then started trying to adjust things from there. Is that in the ball park for a gr650. Unsure about the air induction system and how removign all that can effect the mains.

Scudder

I would probably start with 140's if you are still using the stock exhaust.

Eric

Comment

Thanks. I have a straight pipe that is pinched to create some back pressure. Should I go a bit larger than 140's with this exhaust set-up?

Scudder

Comment

With NO MUFFLERS, all bets are off!
        Sell it to someone that is going to use mufflers.

Eric

Comment

It is not loud, like straight pipes, but does have a deeper tone, but not offensive. I have a cafe racer, that has the same muffler set-up and I run a stock air box. Crazy, but I pinch the exhaust tips down to make it sound good and create enough back pressure to make it run right. I guess I'll start with 140's and see what happens. If I can't figure it out, I'll return to stock.

scudder

Comment

Working...
          X