engine diagram

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

engine diagram

hi i bought a 81 gs450e yesterday as a project and to familerize me with a bike. the bike deff needs sum work handle bars seat tank few other things ive noticed. the guy i bought it off of said the motor was runing a year ago... i noticed its mising the carbs n i think the air box i bought a the service manual and couldnt find a decent pick of the entire engine set up... if anyone had one prefably with labled parts so i can just look and see what eles is missing it would be much apreciated

see if your manual is here, down load it and you will have what you need

Comment

thanks thatlly comin in handy but didnt quit have what im looking for trying just to get like a real picture of a engine both side.. ive tried google imiges but most of the bikes that come up have that plastic peice under the seat theat covers up the batery and air box n stuff and thats where the parts im mising are

Comment

easy peasy- just post some pics and we'll tell YOU what's missing!

Comment

try alphasports.com on line micro fiche. gives you a detailed labelled breakdown of every component of the engine (and the rest of the bike)
          1978 GS1085.

Just remember, an opinion without 3.14 is just an onion!

Comment

thanks ill post sum pics later ill try that website out i also founs suzukipartsnation is a pretty good site of coures there outa the parts i need but have digrams of all the parts n how they go together

Comment

heres the pics of my motor http://s1151.photobucket.com/albums/o632/jlorello1/

Comment

how to post pictures on the site .....

and you can post up to 10 in one post

Comment

Comment

beautiful......

put a space between each one, and you will have it perfect....LOL

boy am I nit picky.....

intake boots, carbs, air box

Comment

also battery and battery box by the looks of the pics
                      1978 GS1085.

Just remember, an opinion without 3.14 is just an onion!

Comment

yea wasnt sure if it had a starter motor or where exactly thats located.. found sum clened carbs on ebay for like 100 sum guy at a salvage offred me non clean carbs but all the hoses n clamps n bolts for 150... an about the air box cuz i was just lookin at sum pics on google and i seen alot of these bikes where the guys just put 2 of them little cone filters on instead of the box is this doable easyly or will it require modifications

Comment

starter motor will be here, seems it's there as there are wires sticking out...

Comment

thank you.. so gotta buy one of these carbs and hook it up n an air box looks like it be easier to put them cone filters on but when i looked at pics of air boxes they have hoses comin out n not sure exactly what there for.. hopfully after that the motor will turn gotta hook up the electrical probloy gonna be a pain

Comment

get the service manual from BassCliffs web site it will help you a whole lot.....

cone filters require jetting, stock air box does not, start stock first, then move on from there if you want to.

if you get old carbs, you will need to strip them down, clean them properly, get new O rings and reassemble, only way to make sure they will work correctly.

you will need to go through your electrical as well, make sure it's all good and clean and ends have some di-electric grease, all the hacked points are inspected and done correctly...

I would suggest you start a build/project thread at this time.....

post pictures as you go along, the rest of us can follow, and assist with your questions as they come up....

Cheers

Comment

Working...
                              X