cam chain tensioner don't work..?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cam chain tensioner don't work..?

Hello friends my bike is a Suzuki GS 450 E '81, I installed the cylinder head, camshaft, timing chain, align everything, I installed the chain tensioner and when I several times to the crankshaft was perfect, I adjusted all with the specified torque and went to sleep, when I return the next day, I connect the fuel line to the carburetor and start when I heard a couple of explosions, but did not quite start the engine, then could not turn over (hear a "clack "), when looking through the spark plug hole I left cylinder exhaust valve that was obstructing the passage of the piston to top dead center, imagine the chain came loose at some point ... this is due to the tensor chain did not work ..?

Originally posted by carlos020465 View Post
    Hello friends my bike is a Suzuki GS 450 E '81, I installed the cylinder head, camshaft, timing chain, align everything, I installed the chain tensioner and when I several times to the crankshaft was perfect, I adjusted all with the specified torque and went to sleep, when I return the next day, I connect the fuel line to the carburetor and start when I heard a couple of explosions, but did not quite start the engine, then could not turn over (hear a "clack "), when looking through the spark plug hole I left cylinder exhaust valve that was obstructing the passage of the piston to top dead center, imagine the chain came loose at some point ... this is due to the tensor chain did not work ..?
    Did you release the setscrew on the tensioner or did you leave it locked?
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5...tatesMap-1.jpg

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

See attached picture (stolen from someone)...After reinstalling the tensioner assembly, The setscrew ( has slot) needs to released from plunger shaft,so plunger can slide and take up chain slack. After backing off setscrew half to 3/4 turn, the locknut is tightenned to prevent the screw from moving.
      1981 gs650L

"We are all born ignorant, but you have to work hard to stay stupid" Ben Franklin

Comment

Hi friends: thank you for response, I will check the tensioner mechanism, that by loosening the screw will not hear any "clilc"...!!!

Comment

Working...
        X