Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

250 won't start

Hi all
    After sorting out mountains of problems with the lil 1980 gs250 t I went to start it after a month of not being started and no go! Turns over fine fuel getting thru and a good strong spark whats next ow and I tried with the air filter on and off so I amuse its getting air any advice please

How did you verify that it is getting fuel?

Comment

First smelt the petrol thru the exhaust(brand new) then took a spark plug out but anyway I jus this second got her to fire up maybe the battery was a lil flat haha! Now thes a new problem fuel piddling out of one of the carbs I think it maybe a jet maybe I could post a picture if anyone can help cheers

Comment

That is most likely a dirty needle and seat.

Comment

Arr yes that would be it haha! Sometimes I overlook the most obvious things next question whats the best way to clean them out?
          Cheers

Comment

Pull the carbs, drain and remove the bowls, remove the float pin (be careful not to break a post). Remove needle, use carb cleaner on needle and seatr.
            Re-assamble, run a test with the carbs off to make sure they are no longer leaking, reinstall.
            Test: place carbs in a container in the normal position as if they were installed on the bike. Connect a fuel source and check for leaks. They should not leak for at least 5-10 minutes; I use 30 minutes for my tests.

Comment

Cheers mate your a star

Comment

After a bit more investigation the fuel isn't coming out of the overflow its coming out of one of the holes on the intake port if that makes sense is this still a float issue or...

Cheers

Comment

Pull them and run the test first. This will tell you if it is a float issue.

Comment

Working...
                  X