Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by isleoman View Post
    David,

Hope to get it fired up this weekend. Just need to clean the RS carbs, install cooler, body, exhaust, and case guards. Have one last wire from new harness to sort out. I think the currently available NOS harnesses are from 83 and are slightly different from the 82. I have a non GS Suzuki push/pull throttle and the on/off safety switch wiring is slightly different as well.

Having been in the process of backpeddling with my new OEM 83 harness, I would not be afraid to make a few key modifications to the harness to insure good charging. In fact to finally get mine charging properly I did some "open harness surgery" all in the arear of the R/R connections to stator and battery.

Originally posted by isleoman View Post
    David,

The guy that had the NOS block also had two flame burnished titanium NOS Yosh headers for a Final Edition Katana. He wanted $650 and I thought that was too much at the time. He lived in LA and must of had family or friends in Japan that were shipping him stuff. Would be 3 times that now to import one.

I remember seeing an exhaust sell for over $500 on ebay and thought that was expensive as well.

Comment

Pos, I'm paying attention to your words of cautions

I'm trying to avoid cutting any of the wires or connectors on the new harness. I had a Honda R/R from Duaneage already installed. The three yellow wires from the generator are all original bullet connectors and all the ends have been cleaned up and a light coat of dielectric grease applied before final connection,

I had cut the original harness and tied together some of the other wires from that oem four pin connector that goes away with a Honda R/R. This time I'm using two short short jumper wires with a flat male blade connectors to tie back into the oem connector and a bullet connector on the other end of the jumper to tie into the modified wires from the R/R. If its not charging, I'll snip some wires and hard connect.

Comment

i soo need to win the lottery so i can redo my old girl. she is screaming at to get'er done and seein all the clean shiny part make me wanna do it more. best of luck with the wiring.

Comment

Working...
        X