No announcement yet.

drag bike air shifter malfunction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The early MRE air shifters had a removable orifice at the cylinder. Thats what was drilled. (I had forgoten that it was removable) and The air line to the cylinder from the air kill was 18" long. It was shortened to 12".
    Ray will get you on the right path

Comment

Originally posted by madjack57754 View Post
      The early MRE air shifters had a removable orifice at the cylinder. Thats what was drilled. (I had forgoten that it was removable) and The air line to the cylinder from the air kill was 18" long. It was shortened to 12".
      Ray will get you on the right path
      hey ray i get out of work at 9 pm here in ny Is it ok if i call you when i get home

thanks ant

Comment

It was good talking to you Anthony. Let me know if you need anymore help. Ray.

Comment

hey ray

thanks for all the help the kit is on its way i will let you know how it goes

ant

Comment

shifter conversion parts are here yaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Comment

I shortened the line to the kill ram and increased the hole in the rams intake and only had one miss shift last week I just installed the electric over air conversion kit tonight, and weather permitting friday night will be the test

thanks for all the help ant

Comment

Progress in the RIGHT direction is sure a good thing, huh?!!! Ray.

Comment

Originally posted by anthonygs1000 View Post
                  my air over air shifter is f-in up the gs1000 drag bike it wont shift at high rpms but shifts fine at low rpms ? hey ray any help would be appreciated
                  lol

ant
                  I had the same problems with my 1100 also , I use electric over air and I have since switched to a Co2 paintball bottle regulated to 125 psi (lasts all season) the only time I ever miss second gear or any other gear now is if the battery is a little low . I'm running a total loss system (no charging system rotor)
                  I charge the battery between rounds and I bet I have not missed a gear in 2 years .
                  I also went to a D.O.T. tire and took off my training wheels . have not made any runs as of yet but it is a blast on the street ha ha !!!!
                  Last edited by Guest; 05-28-2010, 02:28 AM.

Comment

Training wheels, huh? I'll bracket race you best 2 out of 3 for a hundred bucks anytime. I'll also bet you my bike runs within 2 hundredths on all 3 runs! Think you can make that bet? Let me know if you are ever out this way. Ray.

Comment

Originally posted by rapidray View Post
                      Training wheels, huh? I'll bracket race you best 2 out of 3 for a hundred bucks anytime. I'll also bet you my bike runs within 2 hundredths on all 3 runs! Think you can make that bet? Let me know if you are ever out this way. Ray.
                      Ray why the hostility ? I would never claim to be able to beat anyone running a well set up drag bike . I am 47 years old and I have been doing this for years . I did not mean to offend you or anyone . I was just trying to add a little humor . my bike ran very consistent on wheelie bars and I was in the top ten in points for many years at W.I.R. in Kaukauna Wisconsin .

I have recently lost my job and I decided it was time to use my GS on the street and enjoy it a little more . and hey running a mid 10 second 30 year old stock looking bike at the strip is fun as heck and people like to see it run .
                      I'm not sure why the people on this site seem to be so ****ed off all the time gosh chill out a little !

Comment

Ray is not being hostile... He is very competitive... Thats the way hardcore dragracers are. I had wheelie bars on my old turbo bike because it never stopped making more power and I did not want to do back flips on it...
                        sigpic'85 GS1150 1428 14-1 200+hp Hang On

Comment

Originally posted by bellucci View Post
                          Ray is not being hostile... He is very competitive... Thats the way hardcore dragracers are. I had wheelie bars on my old turbo bike because it never stopped making more power and I did not want to do back flips on it...
                          Well it is just ridiculous to be calling me out , how stupid . I'm not some freakin newb . there is always someone with a bigger wallet out there who can make their junk faster and more consistant .I never claimed to be some kind of pro drag racer I do it for fun and for myself I could care less about what the other dude got .

I came to this site to make friends and share the love for the old GS suzuki not to talk **** and try and step on anyone .

Comment

There was NO hostility! I like to race! I'll race ANYONE that feels up to it! I just know that when someone removes their wheelie bars they are going to be LESS consistent & I want their money! Don't refer to them as "training" wheels & you won't get called out by me. Want to race? My bike only has a street motor in it, with STOCK cams! Ray.
                            P.S. I'm 49 & have been doing this for more than 30 years & am here to meet other GS people & have fun too! Want to race?
                            Last edited by rapidray; 05-28-2010, 07:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by rapidray View Post
                              There was NO hostility! I like to race! I'll race ANYONE that feels up to it! I just know that when someone removes their wheelie bars they are going to be LESS consistent & I want their money! Don't refer to them as "training" wheels & you won't get called out by me. Want to race? My bike only has a street motor in it, with STOCK cams! Ray.
                              P.S. I'm 49 & have been doing this for more than 30 years & am here to meet other GS people & have fun too! Want to race?
                              I called them training wheels just to be funny , I know how important they are . I have a good 30 plus years riding and racing all kinds of junk . I have won many rounds with em and without them . and yeah if by chance you lined up next to me heck yeah I'd race ya . it does not matter who is in the next lane , I'm a bracket racer all I need to do is cut a perfect light and run right on my dial and get there first right ? how hard can that be ? ha ha ha ha! (my bike is stock bore stroke but I have a set of street strip cams no porting the head has never been off ) best run with wheelie bars 10.01 @ 129 mph slo mo fo .

Comment

100% at the track last night did not miss a shift However i found a neutral between 4th and 5th gear ? and the bike started hopping ?

thanks for all the help ant

p.s. I am going to install a walker on the front of my bike to help me keep it up lol

Comment

Working...
                                X