drag bike air shifter malfunction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by anthonygs1000 View Post
    100% at the track last night did not miss a shift However i found a neutral between 4th and 5th gear ? and the bike started hopping ?

thanks for all the help ant

p.s. I am going to install a walker on the front of my bike to help me keep it up lol
    glad it is shifting better !!

Comment

By hopping, what do you mean? Is this a wheelie bar bike? If so, LOWER the bars! Ray.

Comment

no bar any more. I have a Shinko 190 on the rear it was like a bucking bronco back end was bouncing. I though I broke something then the next run shifted and ran fine ?

thanks ant

Comment

Is the front end shortened or strapped down? Ray.

Comment

wheel hop= no shifty.

Comment

Originally posted by rapidray View Post
              Is the front end shortened or strapped down? Ray.
              no sir stock 1991 gsxr 1100 forks raked 5 1/2

Comment

whats your rear tire pressure ? also I assume you still have it hardtail no rear shocks as well . I never went lower than 22 lbs of air on a D.O.T. tire and hardtail . .

Comment

you may b on to something I had 15 psi in the rear tire I will try to increase the pressure

thanks ant

Comment

Also, & VERY important, is you should NOT be running it as a hardtail with a street tire or no wheelie bar. If you get the correct shock setup on the rear the bike will be considerably quicker & easier to ride than with struts! Struts are designed to be used with a wheelie bar so you can just throw the clutch lever. With a street tire & no bar you can't do this & go as quick as with a good shock setup. Lastly, the rear tire pressure is too low. Ray.

Comment

Also, & VERY important, is you should NOT be running it as a hardtail with a street tire or no wheelie bar. If you get the correct shock setup on the rear the bike will be considerably quicker & easier to ride than with struts! Struts are designed to be used with a wheelie bar so you can just throw the clutch lever. With a street tire & no bar you can't do this & go as quick as with a good shock setup. Lastly, the rear tire pressure is too low. Ray.
                      hey ray

I am throwing the clutch at 85 hundred rpms and the tire is spinning about 10 feet then it is pulling the wheel for about another 25 feet 4in high till i shift and my 60 ft times are a 1.4? the other problem is the bike is coming out of the grove I launch right lane left grove then the bike is pulling right to the middle of the track I have to measure axle to axle this week to see if my adjustment is off

work in progress ANT

Comment

thanks for the 22lbs in the tire advice but no thanks the bike blitzed the tire 100 plus feet lol it was sure fun but not productive I set the tire to 15 lbs and it spun again then down to 10lbs then a slight spin at 85hun out of the hole and a wheel stand for 60 feet six inches high. the bright side no shifting eras i will be leaning the jets next weekend two sizes to try to bring up my MPH I fattened them up last fall when the temperature was in the 50's at night

thanks ant

Comment

There was NO hostility! I like to race! I'll race ANYONE that feels up to it! I just know that when someone removes their wheelie bars they are going to be LESS consistent & I want their money! Don't refer to them as "training" wheels & you won't get called out by me. Want to race? My bike only has a street motor in it, with STOCK cams! Ray.
                          P.S. I'm 49 & have been doing this for more than 30 years & am here to meet other GS people & have fun too! Want to race?

I dont know about that Ray my GS1150 with no bar and a street tire 62'' w/b will run the same # every pass unless the temp or humidty changes.
                          Oh did I mention that I use a slider on it. It is deadly consistant

Comment

Originally posted by stetracer View Post
                            I dont know about that Ray my GS1150 with no bar and a street tire 62'' w/b will run the same # every pass unless the temp or humidty changes.
                            Oh did I mention that I use a slider on it. It is deadly consistant
                            what is the ET in the 1/4 ? and what is the ET in the 1/8 I would love to know Because i am building a 1150 for the 1/8

thanks ant

Comment

Hello

where did the 1150 guy go ??????????????????

Comment

back in business

last night was the best 1/8 i have run with this bike shifted like butter - I took the velocity stacks off and went from a 150 to a 140 main jet. during the heat of the day the bike was running 6.50's all day then the coolness of the night when the humidity went away the bike did a 6.37 at 106.6 MPH so this is telling me to go with a 138.5 main jet and try it when its hot out

ant

Comment

Working...
                                X