Clutch cable for 400 series bikes.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Clutch cable for 400 series bikes.

The clutch cable on the student's GS 400 E bike needs replacing and on checking the parts fiches, there are no listings for the 400Es ( Canadian only I believe). There are listings for 450 series bikes and I'm wondering if any of the "E" type 450s cables would work. They look to be the same. The local parts counter folks are no help i.e. don't know and don't care to find out.

I notice also there seem to be two parts numbers listed for most # 58200-44100 and #58200-44120. I'm assuming one might be slightly longer?

I was wondering if anyone could tell me if a) a 450 cable is correct and b) which of the two parts it might be.

Thanks for any help.

Cheers,
    spyug

From what I've been researching on my GSX400L Most parts are identical on the 450 with the exception of the cylinders pistons gaskets and head.

Besides that I would try the 450E cable,

Or the 450L which would be the longest.

Just from what I've seen so far

Aren't the 400's a pain in the to get parts for

The shop will not find any listing for the 400 anything on the computer, they have to go to the microfiche to get the part number

Or you could try www.bikebandit.com
    and look up the number for the 450 e vs the 450 L

L is definitly longer.

Hope this helps
    Last edited by Guest; 05-13-2010, 02:01 PM.

Comment

I don't have the part number on hand, but I just ordered the 450e cable, worked fine.

And, yes, the 1983 450e parts are all identical except for cyl head and carb parts (still unsure as to WHAT is different about the carb parts, diff o-rings in a few places for sure, intake too, ours are bigger yeeaw!)

Comment

Working...
      X