Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did I miss something? Clutch help

Hello out there,

I attempted to replace the clutch plates and springs today for the first time. (In my lifetime) Everything seemed to go well. Pretty simple right?

Put it all back together and now the clutch cable is VERY loose. Pull on it and the cable barely returns. I can spin the release pinion by hand the quarter turn. Almost no resistance.

What did I miss? Thanks in advance.

You put it together wrong.
    You either didn't mesh the pull out gears or the lever is at the wrong position.
    1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
    1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

Thanks. I will take it apart today. I adjusted the clutch cable at the lever and it better but now it takes a lot of effort to shift.

Comment

You didn't say which model you have, but the arm should be at about a ninety degree angle to the cable as it starts to make contact with the clutch.

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

Thanks for the reply. 82 1100GL

Comment

Working...
          X