shifting through the gears

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

shifting through the gears

so i just picked up my bike the other day. this is the first bike i have ever owned besides dirt bikes. when i turn the bike on (not starting it) i am able to see that it is in neutral. I then press down on the shifter and it goes into 1st. i then pull up on the shifter to go into second. it goes up past neutral but no light for second gear comes on...it fels like it shifts but the bike dosnt show it on the indicator. when it is in that position i am able shift back to neutral and forst so its not getting stuck or anything. am i missing something here or am i in trouble?

Try an experiment. If you can get the bike on the center stand that is...

From Neutral, put her in 1st, see if you can turn the rear wheel by hand...then try 2nd.

My bike probably does the same. Shifts easier to 2nd if running...

Comment

IT WORKED!!!!...thanks a bunch brother....you just made my day...was scared there for a second...we happen to have the same bike by the way... 82 GS650G
      Last edited by Guest; 05-19-2010, 12:07 PM.

Comment

That's good news! Getting them up on the center stand takes some pratice. But after having made repairs/etc. can run them on the center stand to test out (just not too long unless you have some air movement to cool the engine).

Comment

Working...
        X