Oil Cooler Parts List

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oil Cooler Parts List

So, I think my next project is going to be installation of an oil cooler, seeing as how summer's coming on real quick here in Phoenix. I was planning on using a GS1150 filter cover, and using the ports on the either side of the filter cover. A nice little Setrab cooler has currently gotten my attention, and I'll probably pick one up in the near future. The stainless brake line install went so well, I'm going to go ahead and do my own cooler lines as well. What AN size is appropriate for the cooler? And does anyone know what size banjo bolt/adapter I'll need to adapt the ports next to the filter cover? Thanks in advance for any help you guys can give!

EDIT:

Is there a minimum numbers of rows I should look for in the cooler? And what type of line is ok? Would the Speed-flex stuff from AN Plumbing be ok? It'd be overkill as far as strength goes, but it wouldn't hurt oil flow or anything, would it?
    Last edited by Guest; 05-21-2010, 08:00 PM.

Originally posted by Turtleface View Post
    So, I think my next project is going to be installation of an oil cooler, seeing as how summer's coming on real quick here in Phoenix. I was planning on using a GS1150 filter cover, and using the ports on the either side of the filter cover. A nice little Setrab cooler has currently gotten my attention, and I'll probably pick one up in the near future. The stainless brake line install went so well, I'm going to go ahead and do my own cooler lines as well. What AN size is appropriate for the cooler? And does anyone know what size banjo bolt/adapter I'll need to adapt the ports next to the filter cover? Thanks in advance for any help you guys can give!

EDIT:

Is there a minimum numbers of rows I should look for in the cooler? And what type of line is ok? Would the Speed-flex stuff from AN Plumbing be ok? It'd be overkill as far as strength goes, but it wouldn't hurt oil flow or anything, would it?
    If you're interested, I have a complete custom Lockhart thermostat controlled oil cooler setup for an '82 1100E 'ill sell it cheap for a member favor
    Last edited by Guest; 05-25-2010, 10:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Road_Clam View Post
      If you're interested, I have a complete custom Lockhart thermostat controlled oil cooler setup for an '82 1100E 'ill sell it cheap for a member favot
      Would you mind PMing or posting a few pics?

Comment

i'll dig the cooler out from the attic and post a pic.

Comment

you can put me 2nd inline if he falls threw
          lookin for a cooler for my 82 1100e

Comment

recently installed a lockhart on my EZ. The fittings / hose where it meets the oil filter cover is already leaking.

Any suggestions for some better hardware around the nipple.

Comment

watching this thread, my 1100e get warm. put me third in line for your cooler set up thanks

Comment

The cooler I have has -8 AN lines on it with an earles cooler. I used Auto flex lines cheaper and still good for 1000 psi so plenty of safety margin
                Swivel seal hose ends. -8 is 1/2" inner diameter hose

Comment

Originally posted by Road_Clam View Post
                  i'll dig the cooler out from the attic and post a pic.
                  Did you ever get around to rustling up that oil cooler for pics?

Comment

Working...
                  X