my motor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

my motor

here is my motor i powerwashed it down today and started to go to work on it and replace stuff that needs replacing. got carbs already lined up, no just need to figure out spark plug wires to which goes where.

Hi,

Looking good!

The left coil feeds #1 and #4. The right coil feeds #2 and #3. Since this is a "wasted spark" system, you can swap #1 and #4 and it won't matter. Same for #2 and #3. But you should be able to figure out what goes where by the lengths.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Comment

thanx, ya its been a while since i messed with 4 plug wires, spending time working on older harleys and such, just cant wait to fire this thing up, gotta order different mufflers since these got major holes in the bottoms of them, and on this cover is there suppose to be something blocking that hole or whats going on with it , i cannot find anything on the computer to help me understand whats going on ..

Last edited by Guest; 05-26-2010, 01:25 PM.

Comment

You're looking for item #12 here. If you are interested in the correct emblem for your model and year, the search will be more difficult. The same part number covers the different styles used over multiple model years.
        Dogma
        --
        O LORD, be gracious to me; heal me, for I have sinned against you! - David

Skeptical scrutiny is the means, in both science and religion, by which deep insights can be winnowed from deep nonsense. - Carl Sagan

--
        '80 GS850 GLT
        '80 GS1000 GT
        '01 ZRX1200R

How to get a "What's New" feed without the Vortex, and without permanently quitting the Vortex

Comment

Hi,

As Mr. Dogma pointed out, that ignition case gets covered with an emblem sticker.

Perhaps something like this:

...or a generic aftermarket "Suzuki" emblem.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Comment

think i might have them welded closed so i can either paint it or polish it out, any suggestions yall

Comment

Here are the back motor mounts i took off and cleaned up and repainted them black.

Comment

Working...
              X