removing stator clutch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

removing stator clutch

well im told my stator clutch is ba dbecause the flywheel free spins so does anyone know the prcdeure to take it off. i knwo theobviosu take the cover off and so forth i just dont know if i need a pully puller and if the bolt in the center is left or right handed thread

if your flywheel spins free you need the flywheel key i do believe. The threads will be reverse on the nut. You will need a flywheel puller. A keyway cost about $2 if it's the problem and you can buy them at auto stores.

Comment

well its wired i just went back out to the garage and it worked so i dont know what the deel is before the flywheel wold just spin free now ifs soild will spin riht but not foward so now whan i crank on it it works so hell ill run with it for now lol

Comment

you need to make sure the big nut on the Rotor is tight... It is a taper fit NO key

Comment

there is no such part as a flywheel key...none.
          kawi Z1/KZ yes..GS..no.
          you always need to post year/make/model of your bike if you ask for help.

Comment

k well is a 82 gs 550l ok well ill trya dn take it off and see what happens

Comment

Working...
            X