aftermarket valves

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

aftermarket valves

....can anyone recommend an aftermarket inlet/exhaust valve supplier ? New Suzuki valves are about $40 each and I need 8. The engine is an '80 GS 1000 G.
    thanks folks

Originally posted by north49 View Post
    ....can anyone recommend an aftermarket inlet/exhaust valve supplier ? New Suzuki valves are about $40 each and I need 8. The engine is an '80 GS 1000 G.
    thanks folks
    you pay for what you get. aftermarket valves are usually performance valves, which generally involves head work too. cheap pattern parts means unreliability and possibly a damaged engine.
    stick with genuine suzuki or pay a lot more for better valves
    1978 GS1085.

Just remember, an opinion without 3.14 is just an onion!

Comment

I would recommend asking here for some used valves. Lap them in and be on your way.

Comment

new valves????

i,ve got a 1980 gs1000e,,, a few years ago when the motor was blowing smoke and rattling etc ...i stripped it,, stripped the head. and used a pedestal drill and mirror polished the valves,,, then i then valve cut and lapped each valve and actually blued each valve to see the land on the valve the amount of surface and sealing that was achieved.. then i also polished a fiddled with the chambers and ports and it looked a treat.... easy to do didn,t cost much.. and i was happy hope this helps you regards david

Comment

Hi mate i got mine through Buzz at Dynoman.

Comment

Why do you think you need new valves.

Aftermarket oe style valves are about $25.00. We custom make the oversize stainless.
            Speed Merchant
            http://www.gszone.biz

Comment

Working...
            X