Front Sprocket gs1000

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Front Sprocket gs1000

I just pulled my front and rear sprokets. I ordered new chain and sprockets form Z1. I was looking at the sprocket that I ordered ,and it did not look like the stock one. Is there anyplace to get the stock sprocket" so I can use the dampeners that go on it ? Or will the new one work just fine?

Did you order a 630 or 530 sprocket?

Comment

Originally posted by Mitch View Post
      I just pulled my front and rear sprokets. I ordered new chain and sprockets form Z1. I was looking at the sprocket that I ordered ,and it did not look like the stock one. Is there anyplace to get the stock sprocket" so I can use the dampeners that go on it ? Or will the new one work just fine?
      I ordered a 630 o-ring chain

Comment

Do you have a lock washer on the output shaft or a locking nut?
        1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
        1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

Originally posted by chef1366 View Post
          Do you have a lock washer on the output shaft or a locking nut?
          I have a flat spline washer the locks by bending onto the nut.

Comment

See how much spline sticks out of the new sprocket and compare it to the stock sprocket. You may have to split the dampeners off the stock sprocket and use it as a spacer.
            1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.

Comment

Not sure if that will work, as you know the spacers are screwed togather with the sprocket, and just oversized to slip over the case on the inside. That being said do you know anyone that still sales the stock sprocket. I will get the new one to work, I'm not missing this rally...

Comment

If you have a fifteen tooth I have a good one.

Comment

That's a 79?

Comment

Yes a 79, It has 13 splines

Comment

I'm saying 15 teeth on the sprocket for the chain.

Comment

Sorry bill...Ok more top end with that or am I wrong?

Comment

More teeth on the front, lower RPM for given speed, slower acceleration & vice versa
                          1980 GS1000G - Sold
                          1978 GS1000E - Finished!
                          1980 GS550E - Fixed & given to a friend
                          1983 GS750ES Special - Sold
                          2009 KLR 650 - Sold - gone to TX!
                          1982 GS1100G - Rebuilt and finished. - Sold
                          2009 TE610 - Dual Sporting around dreaming of Dakar.....

www.parasiticsanalytics.com

TWINPOT BRAKE UPGRADE LINKY: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...e-on-78-Skunk/

Comment

Thanks for all the information, going to wait and see if the sprocket I ordered will work. There must be someone out there that sales these sprockets....

Comment

You can always order a stock sprocket from your favorite source of OE parts. Not cheap though.
                              Ed

To measure is to know.

Mikuni O-ring Kits For Sale...https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...ts#post1703182

Top Newbie Mistakes thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=171846

Carb rebuild tutorial...https://gsarchive.bwringer.com/mtsac...d_Tutorial.pdf

KZ750E Rebuild Thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...0-Resurrection

Comment

Working...
                              X