Help with gearing 1150/Kat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Carter Turk View Post
    17/45 is what I ended up trying. Thanks Mysuzyg for the gearing suggestion.

Wow! what a difference at 70+ and in the curves it feel pretty good too. Feels like more room is allowed in each gear, taller I guess.

I wonder if mileage will increase?
    You're welcome...glad you like it. You might find yourself speeding, on the next couple rides, since we become accustomed to a certain auditory engine pitch whilst cruising, and that rpm is now yielding a higher speed. Yes, mileage will increase too.
    '82 GS1100E

Comment

I just got back from a 240 mile loop and the mileage bumped to 39.5 from 33. I was riding much more mellow than usual, which may have helped a bit. I found out on this longer ride, I need to be at higher rpms entering a corner, in order to get a strong drive out. The top end hit comes later now, but I like the compromise the gearing gives, especially in top gear.
      GS\'s since 1982: 55OMZ, 550ES, 750ET, (2) 1100ET\'s, 1100S, 1150ES. Current ride is an 83 Katana. Wifes bike is an 84 GS 1150ES

Comment

I guess I'm a little late to the party but here is a table to explain the discussion

This forum contains old posts which may have information which may be useful. It is a closed forum in that you can not post here any longer. Please post your questions in the other technical forums.

Comment

Working...
        X