How do you know...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do you know...

when your bike is overheating...i was in heavy traffic today after work on a hot bridge directly in the sun...there was a long line of traffic waiting for the lite and it went through about 3 cycles before i was able to get through it. i was sitting there for about 10 min. near the end of my wait i noticed the bike started to smoke from around the exhaust area in the front so i shut the bike off and waited to start the bike again till the light changed...so whats the best way to tell

Originally posted by shibby_cbs View Post
    when your bike is overheating...i was in heavy traffic today after work on a hot bridge directly in the sun...there was a long line of traffic waiting for the lite and it went through about 3 cycles before i was able to get through it. i was sitting there for about 10 min. near the end of my wait i noticed the bike started to smoke from around the exhaust area in the front so i shut the bike off and waited to start the bike again till the light changed...so whats the best way to tell
    oil temperature gauge

Comment

Hi,

Or you can stick your tongue on the cylinders.

j/k

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Comment

Originally posted by posplayr View Post
        oil temperature gauge
        so you are syaing th oil light will come on if the motor gets too hot...i figured the oil light was for pressure

and no thanks bass...i would like to be able to taste tmy delicious grilled cheese sandwich

Comment

Originally posted by BassCliff View Post
          Hi,

Or you can stick your tongue on the cylinders.

j/k

BassCliff
          Cliff! A snarky reply? wow now I've heard everything
          Bill

Comment

Originally posted by shibby_cbs View Post
            so you are syaing th oil light will come on if the motor gets too hot...i figured the oil light was for pressure

and no thanks bass...i would like to be able to taste tmy delicious grilled cheese sandwich
            Does the 650G not have an oil temp gauge?
            Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
            '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

If you aren't experiencing spark knock under those conditions then the temp stayed okay.

Comment

Hi,

The oil light on your gauges indicates pressure. If the light comes on you have no pressure.

A temperature gauge is just that, it tells you what your oil temperature is. There are aftermarket kits available.

Yes, a "snarky" remark. Sometimes I get in a silly mood too.

BassCliff

Comment

its just somethin im paranoid about...especially when its as hot as it is...and the fact that i wasnt moving so no air was flowing for 10 + minutes...it was also makin it worse that the vac leak i have goin on shot my rpms up to around 4500 at idle

Comment

Working...
                  X