No announcement yet.

Rocker arm wear

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I, with the help of Ray and Trippivot, replaces my cams and rockers over the winter... I agonized over spending $65.00 per rocker for the hardfaced ones and finally went with stock that I bought on ebay for $100.00 for the set. I bought the cams from CamMotion and a oiler from a GSR member. I am using a .380 lift cam with higher spring pressure. It has only been 6 months, but I have had no obvious wear. If you go with the stock rockers, use the Rotella oil for more zinc which someone told me helps keep the cams happy... Ray will suggest the welded ones as you will only buy them once. I just could not spend the dough...
    Curt
    sigpic'85 GS1150 1428 14-1 200+hp Hang On

Comment

pm sent to you gearhead13.

Comment

I went to the bike wrecker today and found an '89 gsxr 750 head with rockers. The wear pad looks narrower than GS rockers by a fair amount, the cam lobes are more narrow as well, is that normal? The guy said he wanted $20 per rocker is that a decent price?
        I found these on Ebay off a bandit 1200, compatible??

Comment

Sorry I haven't been up to Kris's house to pick up the rockers.
          1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
          1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

1200 Bandit's rockers are the same. 20 bucks each is too much! 15 each is reasonable. The GSXR & Katana/Bandit rockers ARE narrower than the GS rockers & part of why they make more power, the result of LESS friction. Ray.

Comment

Originally posted by bellucci View Post
              I, with the help of Ray and Trippivot, replaces my cams and rockers over the winter... I agonized over spending $65.00 per rocker for the hardfaced ones and finally went with stock that I bought on ebay for $100.00 for the set. I bought the cams from CamMotion and a oiler from a GSR member. I am using a .380 lift cam with higher spring pressure. It has only been 6 months, but I have had no obvious wear. If you go with the stock rockers, use the Rotella oil for more zinc which someone told me helps keep the cams happy... Ray will suggest the welded ones as you will only buy them once. I just could not spend the dough...
              Curt
              Went and bought new oil and filter, and figured I would try the Rotella at $20 for a 4 litre jug Had to buy 2 because they dont come in 1 litre. Was planning to cough up the $160 for the GSXR rockers but some other stuff came up (new brake lines and front master, 36mm carbs and 3.5" rear wheel)
              Its going to be fall/winter soon, (the rainy season) so I wont be riding as much, the head will come off this winter for some more work, 1150 intake valves, porting, valve job, and some kind of rocker solution.

Comment

Are these good?
                I picked these up off ebay, off of an '88 GS1100F

Comment

Working...
                X