Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What a difference a new clutch cable makes!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What a difference a new clutch cable makes!

Just changed my clucth cable and wow, what a differnece.

First, let me note that the PO said he changed the clutch to a Barnett shortly before he sold it to me but he noted he left the OEM springs in because the lever was too hard to pull. Being a noob I never thought anything of it and only decided to change my cable because I noticed it was becoming frayed at the lever.

Well, just wow. What a difference. The lever is SOOO much easier to pull and I now have unbelievable hook up from the engine to the rear wheel. It feels almost like I got the carbs sync rebuilt the head. I have lots of power again off the line and engine braking is super positive.

The only other thing I did at the same time I chanegd the cable was switch from the Shell Rotella synthetic to the Shell Rotella 15-40 non-synthetic (with the JASO-MA spec), and I only mention this because I had read that some people had problems with their clutch when using some synthetic oils. For me, the only reason I swicthed was because it was only $12 a gallon at the local store and it did meet the JASO MA spec. and I am changing my oil at around every 1000 miles and the filter every other change.

In any event, I love the extra power and cannot beliebve my clucth has been slipping all this time!

-Bob
Working...
X