78 gs1000e

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

78 gs1000e

Anyone know what the speedometer ratio is? I can't find it anywhere on this site.

Google wasn't much help but I found a reply in another forum that said they THOUGHT most Suzukis were 1:4.

Looking to replace the gauge cluster and go with an aftermarket, but I don't want to go the electronic route, unless I'm forced to.

Additional information found. Most JAP bikes SHOULD be 2240:60.

However, I found more info that states that 2240:60 is for wheel sizes of 16" and 21".

2:1 is for 19" wheels.

1:1 for tranny drive applications only.

Now I'm really confused because I have a 19" front tire.

Comment

I just talked with Rob at Cycle-Re-Cycle Part II in Indianapolis, IN and I have a clear, definitive answer.

For my particular bike, the 2240:60 and 2:1 are ratios are for all purposes, identical. Some speedos that he sells even has a tag on the back that states this.

I didn't want someone else to go through all the phone calls and emails that I went through to arrive at this answer. If I would have just waited til this morning and called when he was open, I could have saved myself a little time.

BTW, searching through the forums is how I found his website and ultimately the answer. Very knowledgeable and friendly.

Comment

Working...
      X