Gs450l oil leak

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gs450l oil leak

I bought a 1980 GS 450 L and it is leaking oil out of the gear shift shaft, how do you change the seal...do you have to take the cover off. Please post pics if possible.

Originally posted by snoclwn View Post
    I bought a 1980 GS 450 L and it is leaking oil out of the gear shift shaft, how do you change the seal...do you have to take the cover off. Please post pics if possible.
    I quess the 450 riders missed this. It looks to me that the cover has to come off, BUT my bike is different. Have you looked at the parts diagrams at www.alpha-sports.com ? Someone will step up soon!
    1981 gs650L

"We are all born ignorant, but you have to work hard to stay stupid" Ben Franklin

Comment

I can't directly answer your question, but I would take a look here in the Service Manual

For parts I would check the dealership or bikebandit .com

Comment

seal is like 10$, take the cover off, remove old seal with a screwdriver or something and press the new one in. You might have to use a piece of pvc or something of the like cause of the length of the shaft.

Comment

Greetings and Salutations!!

Hi Mr. snoclwn,

Let me share the love.

I just stopped by to welcome you to the forum in my own, special way.

If there's anything you'd like to know about the Suzuki GS model bikes, and most others actually, you've come to the right place. There's a lot of knowledge and experience here in the community. Come on in and let me say "HOoooowwwDY!"....

Here is your very own magical, mystical, mythical, mind-expanding "mega-welcome". Please take notice of the "Top 10 Common Issues", the Carb Rebuild Series, and the Stator Papers. Now let me roll out the welcome mat for you...

Please click here for your mega-welcome, chock full of tips, suggestions, links to vendors, and other information. Then feel free to visit my little BikeCliff website where I've been collecting the wisdom of this generous community. Don't forget, we like pictures! Not you, your bike!

Thanks for joining us. Keep us informed.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Comment

Working...
          X