Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cam chain tensioner oil seal - where to find?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cam chain tensioner oil seal - where to find?

Does anyone have a contact for where to get the cam chain tensioner oil seal.
    It's not listed separate on the parts list. Bwringer's excellent writeup says:

Oil seal, Suzuki Part No. 09284-10006. I accidentally ordered the wrong part from Suzuki, so I located the same size oil seal (10mm ID, 16mm OD, 4mm thick) from a local industrial supply house. This was VERY hard to find, so don't count on it unless you live in a larger city.

thanks!!!

Here ya go.

EDIT :: Duhh.....that's the correct seal, I think Brian was just saying that he misordered it. You can check the part number here.

Last edited by Larry D; 10-13-2010, 11:15 AM.
    Larry D
    1980 GS450S
    1981 GS450S
    2003 Heritage Softtail

Comment

OK I found it. Thanks!!!

Comment

I'll update the web page so it's less confusing. That is the correct part number for the seal -- all online ordering systems have a place you can just punch in a part number.

BTW, the place I got my seal was http://www.metric-seals.com/ , which just happens to be located in an Indianapolis suburb near me. Their main business is supplying industry, but they're perfectly happy to sell seals one at a time over the counter to people restoring cool old machinery. I've used them a few other times when I don't have the time to wait on a Suzuki parts order.
        1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
        2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
        2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
        Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Co-host of "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at tro.bike!

Comment

Working...
        X