Strange clutch disappearance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by salty_monk View Post
    I have a few spare parts fir that clutch if you do find something or need an odd plate or something.

If you haven't been in there you may find that the plates are getting stuck together. Take them out, clean scuff, clean again. Soak in clean oil and refit. Check tolerances first.
    Thanks Salty, I'll keep in touch

Comment

Originally posted by rkj2002 View Post
      Thanks Salty, I'll keep in touch
      Today I had a full day with the new bike, I just kept it under six grand and the clutch behaved. What a nice day, really like this bike especially with the new exhaust

I know I have to pull the clutch apart but after two years apart I'm getting a little seat time in, even if it's under sixgrand....

Thanks for everybody's help, even the exhaust is a product of this place; a few people told me what would fit my bike, and it worked like a charm I got a Yoshimura header and a period Kerker muffler. Sounds so much better than my poor old gutted originals and it runs a lot stronger plus I can keep it quiet going through town. Later, when I can afford it jets will probably be a good thing (seems a touch on the lean side). Any suggestions?, I'd like to keep the air box, right?

Take care, Rick

Comment

Originally posted by rkj2002 View Post
        Today I had a full day with the new bike, I just kept it under six grand and the clutch behaved. What a nice day, really like this bike especially with the new exhaust

I know I have to pull the clutch apart but after two years apart I'm getting a little seat time in, even if it's under sixgrand....

Thanks for everybody's help, even the exhaust is a product of this place; a few people told me what would fit my bike, and it worked like a charm I got a Yoshimura header and a period Kerker muffler. Sounds so much better than my poor old gutted originals and it runs a lot stronger plus I can keep it quiet going through town. Later, when I can afford it jets will probably be a good thing (seems a touch on the lean side). Any suggestions?, I'd like to keep the air box, right?

Take care, Rick
        Okay, today I took the cover off for the clutch adjuster and I'm ashamed to say but the new worm gear did not come with a lock nut, I don't know why I did not see it but I'm guilty as can be (I screwed up

I took the old one off the old worm gear and and set the clutch up on the new worm gear and set off. Problem solved. 1/4 to 1/2 turn after contact should work, yes?

Sorry for the false alarm Rick

Comment

Working...
        X