xn85/gs650 clutch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

xn85/gs650 clutch

Hi guys any body know how many clutch plates are in an xn85 1s it 8 or 9 any help would be good

9 fibers and 8 steels. This is one more than a non turbo. I have a couple of sets of fibers, new in the package. EBC heavy duty, if you are interested, let me know. Dar

Comment

check out the microfiche it will tell you , should work for everything you need from now on there are a lot of places to check, cycle parts nation,bikebandit,
      midwest action cycle,are a few with fiche

Comment

OK thanks guys i have 9 frictions and 8 steels i will do more research , it had barnet springs and it dragged + it took a gorilla to pull so replaced with stock feels good but still dragges maybe warped steels or frictions.

Comment

Originally posted by cobraace View Post
          OK thanks guys i have 9 frictions and 8 steels i will do more research , it had barnet springs and it dragged + it took a gorilla to pull so replaced with stock feels good but still dragges maybe warped steels or frictions.
          check the basket, see if there are grooves worn into the basket if so thats why its dragging, the plates are getting stuck and not moving , you can file the grooves smooth if there not bad, or check ebay for a basket

Comment

well i think i got the there was a rating ring missing so the 1st steel and the dish spring were loose ordered one so will see if it works.

Comment

Ok got the retaining wire/ring what ever they call it ,installed adjusted the clutch and it works i find it hard to believe it is a very small difference maybe 40 thow.

Comment

Working...
              X