No announcement yet.

Bike is down! timing chain jumped?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A 120 main jet might not be perfect, but it's got to be close enough, look elsewhere.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5...tatesMap-1.jpg

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

I had a two main jets vibrate out completely while I was riding once (lesson - finish one job before moving on to next). Anyway it ran as long as I stayed under half throttle. I drove about 40 miles home like that. I once ran 135's in a Honda 750 because I didn't have the 120's I wanted that night - it ran fine under 3/4 throttle or so.
      The point is: don't put so much emphasis on main jets - check the clip position on needle - Does your carbs have the rubber plugs over the slow jets? It needs them.
      Make sure your timing advance is correct before messing with anything else.
      Last edited by Tom R; 10-29-2010, 07:15 PM.
      -1980 GS1100 LT
      -1975 Honda cb750K
      -1972 Honda cl175
      - Currently presiding over a 1970 T500

Comment

Originally posted by Tom R View Post
        I had a two main jets vibrate out completely while I was riding once (lesson - finish one job before moving on to next). Anyway it ran as long as I stayed under half throttle. I drove about 40 miles home like that. I once ran 135's in a Honda 750 because I didn't have the 120's I wanted that night - it ran fine under 3/4 throttle or so.
        The point is: don't put so much emphasis on main jets - check the clip position on needle - Does your carbs have the rubber plugs over the slow jets? It needs them.
        Make sure your timing advance is correct before messing with anything else.
        hmm the clip on the needle was 1 step rich so i brought it down 1 to the center position. thought that was the problem but it wasnt.. slow jets u mean pilot jets? they are 15's and i dont think they ever had rubber plugs unless your talking about something else.. ill double check the timing advance
        John 3:16

Comment

Originally posted by GabrielGoes View Post
          hmm the clip on the needle was 1 step rich so i brought it down 1 to the center position. thought that was the problem but it wasnt.. slow jets u mean pilot jets? they are 15's and i dont think they ever had rubber plugs unless your talking about something else.. ill double check the timing advance
          bringing the clip down makes it richer, there are no rubber plugs.
          http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5...tatesMap-1.jpg

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

Originally posted by tkent02 View Post
            bringing the clip down makes it richer, there are no rubber plugs.
            thats what i ment

Comment

Didn't mean to lead you in the wrong direction with the rubber plugs- that's for CV carbs - and I did mean pilot jet.
              -1980 GS1100 LT
              -1975 Honda cb750K
              -1972 Honda cl175
              - Currently presiding over a 1970 T500

Comment

it seems to me cylinders 1 and 4 are not working at all they are cold on the pipes and the bike runs without the plugs on 1 and 4... carbs are fine i dont kn...

cylinders 1-4 not working, pipes are cold and as u can see it runs the same when i pull the plug caps for 1 and 4... wtf the only thing i can think of is my coil is dead

Comment

You should try and find a member in the NY area to help you. Too much misinformation going on, your bike should not that be difficult to get running.

Comment

Originally posted by almarconi View Post
                    You should try and find a member in the NY area to help you. Too much misinformation going on, your bike should not that be difficult to get running.
                    okay guys, first things first I WON Ignition timing for cylinders 1-4 was way off i adjusted and let me tell you guys... with the new points and condensors the bike is 10000000000000000000x faster than before i cannot believe it... i was truly humbled by this experience and by the grace of God himself the bike was saved. all credit i give to god and these forums and every one of you.. i cannot believe how fast the bike is, i can (shhh) do wheelies like theres no tommorow!!

Comment

Comment

Working...
                      X