Gs1100ez rebuild

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gs1100ez rebuild

Now that the winter is approaching (nearly here) and my new baby has been born, I have time to finally tackle the rebuild of the 1100 i purchased Last November. As mentioned before I purchased it from a fellow who says it had a bent crankshaft for $250. As thought by me and seconded by several others a bent crank would cause excessive vibration...correct? Of which I noticed none..however removing stator cover the end appears to be bent a bit. Along with the receptacle for the idle gear shaft (case side) being cracked.
    Now for the kicker. Being as crank replacement requires full tear down obviously I plan to make a preemptive strike and rebuild/upgrade whatever components that may or may not need so. Can anyone offer any advice on particular things to look for? weak points? etc. Id like to go ahead and make the motor as strong as feasible. Not necessarily looking to add TOO much extra power, but some isnt bad Ive already began sourcing and acquiring various bits like 750 pump gears, oem gaskets, etc.
    I plan on doing a usd front end swap and updated swingarm as well for what its worth. Looking for input on a plan of attack with the rebuild from the collective wisdom here like brands to use and what not.
    A short list of planned (at this point) non aesthetic mods

-forks and swingarm (still researching fitments brakes wheels etc)
    -dyna s ignition and coils
    -new RR
    -topend oiler (just to be safe..and they look purty)
    -750 oil pump gears
    -go ahead and have head refurbished
    _along wit maing everything squeeky clean.
    and Im sure the list will grow
    Thanks for the help you guys. Im a huge fan of this site. Everyone has been friendly and helped me get my 850 back on the road (sorry no pics but shes still hideously ugly lol). My apologies for the long post.
    Mike D

PM sent. Ray.

Comment

well step 1 in my lucky breaks. Managed to get all the header bolts out without breaking a single one. GS gods smiled on me. Got her stripped down to just a roller with a motor. So now its either beer bribe a buddy to heave the behemoth out (im only about 160..kinda a slim fella) or the old lay over on a tire method.
      Got the pm Ray. Thanks much you should be recieving call in the not so distant future.
      Soon as I have a few more ducks in a row Ill be starting a proper project thread.
      Mike D

Comment

Working...
      X