Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Harry P. View Post
    lol, me thinks Mr Cinders is spending a little too much time in the garage
    I would almost agree. Mr Cinders, we demand you put down that tool, step away from the bike, and go back inside to your wife/girlfriend for 3 minutes.

Then you can come back out for a bit.
    Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
    1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
    2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
    Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
    and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Sorry guys but one does not go from a running engine to ZERO compression without damage...there are some questions but two things stand out in my mind The inner two cylinders hmmmm makes me think ignition and jetting even before valve clearances.It's too much coincidence that it's those two. If a valve is going to burn it'll be the number 3 cylinder all other things equal.It's about the vacuum line it's always slightly leaner after time for the line to harden and leak. Check clearances first if there are no tight valves it has to come apart....simple no amount of discusion will change it although some simple preventative maintenance needs to be learned here....motorcycle repair for dummies? Ask Santa for one.....

Comment

Originally posted by MisterCinders View Post
        You would have to go past the valves (i.e., pull the valve cover) to deal anything that a leak down test might reveal. While you're in the neighborhood, give those valves some love. Tickle their naughty bits with a feeler gauge. If they are coy and won't open up for you, remove their inhibitions with a sexy new shim.

That may be all it takes to get some more sweet, sweet loving out of that bike. Valve adjustments are always worth doing.

Never will I think of valve adjustment the same again. One question. Zip tie or ......? Never mind none of my busniess.

cg
        sigpic
        83 GS1100g
        2006 Triumph Sprint ST 1050

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Comment

Working...
        X