82 GS850GLZ will not rev out.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi,

There's a big blue button at the top of each section that says "New Thread". If you're not going to add to the present discussion, seek clarification, or suggest a resolution to an issue, it's just polite to ask your question in a new thread. Like Mr. cowboyup3371 stated, it alleviates confusion.

Its seems most of us use the "linear" tread view (oldest first) rather than a thread "tree" view. So "sub-threads" all look the same and are just listed chronologically.

Using a title that pertains specifically to your issue is also a big help, especially when a search is being performed. If your title says "Hey, I got a problem" rather than "79 GS750 Carbs" then, even though there may be good information under the first title, it will be much harder to find using the Search Function. Searching "Titles Only" cuts down on a lot of the "false positives" when looking through the archives.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Comment

Okay right on, when I search on an issue and find a knowledgeable guy in a related thread, instead of quoting him in that thread I will send a personal email next time.......it was either email directly or quote the knowledgeable person in that related thread, and I chose wrong, live and learn, I didn't know how else to ask him as I had already posted my thread on my issue...and he seemed to know the answer how else can I ask him so I'll use email next time....sorry.
      thanks for the policy advice BC

Originally posted by BassCliff View Post
      Hi,

There's a big blue button at the top of each section that says "New Thread". If you're not going to add to the present discussion, seek clarification, or suggest a resolution to an issue, it's just polite to ask your question in a new thread. Like Mr. cowboyup3371 stated, it alleviates confusion.

Its seems most of us use the "linear" tread view (oldest first) rather than a thread "tree" view. So "sub-threads" all look the same and are just listed chronologically.

Using a title that pertains specifically to your issue is also a big help, especially when a search is being performed. If your title says "Hey, I got a problem" rather than "79 GS750 Carbs" then, even though there may be good information under the first title, it will be much harder to find using the Search Function. Searching "Titles Only" cuts down on a lot of the "false positives" when looking through the archives.

BassCliff
      Last edited by Guest; 12-28-2010, 06:07 PM.

Comment

RipRoaring, I think you are misunderstanding. You don't need to send a personal email so much as just start your own thread AFTER doing the searching to see if you question has already been answered.

Did you figure out your issue yet?
        Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
        1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
        2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
        Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
        and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Originally posted by cowboyup3371 View Post
          RipRoaring, I think you are misunderstanding. You don't need to send a personal email so much as just start your own thread AFTER doing the searching to see if you question has already been answered.

Did you figure out your issue yet?
          Nope. I've been working on this lean problem for a while. Thought it was the intake boots but it's not.

Here's the point. If we see a guy on a past post who seems like he can help you, I DONT think you folks are saying "Look just because you think someone in another thread can help you, you should just post your question and hope that one person who you're pretty sure can help you responds."

That's just not using this forum as a resource. It's like being a student in a classroom -- if you have a question and you know the teacher can help you dont sit there and hope they find out you need their help -- you raise your hand.

Point is, I had *already* posted my question and that one guy who I wanted help from HAD NOT ANSWERED. What am I supposed to do -- say to myself "shoot I think he can help but I can't ask him directly"

Comment

Hey RRF the best option that I have found is to start a new thread with my problem outlined and then send a PM to the person I would like to contribute and ask them to get involved in the thread and give some answers that I need to solve my issue.

If you email or PM the question to an expert like NESSISM or CHEF then everyone else is deprived of the answer when they could have a similar problem.

Comment

Originally posted by RipRoaringFun View Post

Question for you -- is it possible that misadjusted pilot screws would cause a high idle that sloooowly drops down? And do you think my exposed air filter shown below is the source of a 'leak' ?

The answer to this question is yes, misadjusted pilot screws CAN cause a hanging idle. Also, since your bike is missing the back half of the airbox you have a double whammy.

Sync the carbs
              Open the pilot screws to about 3 turns, and then tweak to achieve the best idle

If the idle is still hanging you may have to move up on the pilot jet size. Of course, if the intake boots are leaking that will cause a high idle too. And of course again, this assumes the carbs are clean with fresh O-rings installed and the valves are adjusted.

Good luck.
              Ed

To measure is to know.

Mikuni O-ring Kits For Sale...https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...ts#post1703182

Top Newbie Mistakes thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=171846

Carb rebuild tutorial...https://gsarchive.bwringer.com/mtsac...d_Tutorial.pdf

KZ750E Rebuild Thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...0-Resurrection

Comment

Originally posted by RipRoaringFun View Post
                Okay right on, when I search on an issue and find a knowledgeable guy in a related thread, instead of quoting him in that thread I will send a personal email next time.......
                Hi,

It's really better to start a new thread and ask your question on the forum. That way, many members can add their perspective and everyone can benefit from the discussion.

I have answered many questions via private email or private message. But I think the person posing the question would greatly benefit from all of the experience of the entire membership rather than from just one member.

Don't be shy. We're all mighty neighborly.

BassCliff

Comment

Working...
                X