#2 cylinder cooler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

#2 cylinder cooler

My #2 cylinder don't heat up as fast as the other 3. What can this mean. I noticed this while warming it up, I touched the exhaust pipe for just a second. #2 was quite a bit cooler that the other 3. 1980 GS1000 CV carbs. All stock.
    [SIGPIC1980 GS1000E
    Yamaharley Roadstar Silverado.2008sigpic

Probably running rich, maybe enough to foul the plug. In CV carbs, this is often caused by a petcock vacuum diaphram leak. After checking that, I'd check spark, valve clearance, intake boots and o-rings and carb cleanliness and adjustment.

I had this problem once, and it was caused (I think) by a loose choke plunger.

Comment

make sure your plugs arent fouled too. I just found my left two cylinders are DEAD because I have fouled plugs and intermittent spark.

Comment

Originally posted by mike10 View Post
        My #2 cylinder don't heat up as fast as the other 3. What can this mean. I noticed this while warming it up, I touched the exhaust pipe for just a second. #2 was quite a bit cooler that the other 3. 1980 GS1000 CV carbs. All stock.
        If it gets hot like the others after a few minutes, I wouldn't worry- like chicagobob said, it could be a choke plunger on #2 not delivering.
        My bike takes about 30 seconds for all pipes to feel the same.
        1981 gs650L

"We are all born ignorant, but you have to work hard to stay stupid" Ben Franklin

Comment

Thanks

I guess I will leave it alone. It runs good.
          [SIGPIC1980 GS1000E
          Yamaharley Roadstar Silverado.2008sigpic

Comment

Working...
          X