No announcement yet.

Number 4 not firing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well that's got it. Bolted everything back up and she fired right up, including #4. A lot less smoke out the right exhaust too, I'm hoping some miles on the engine will clear that up completely. So the culprit was my fuel mixture screw was set wayyy out allowing too much fuel in not allowing the fire...as Octain said "something simple". Would this problem effect my vacuum synch on the carbs? when I synched them earlier I can only assume #4 wasn't firing and now that it is should I resynch?
    Rob
    1983 1100ES, 98' ST1100, 02' DR-Z400E and a few other 'bits and pieces'
    Are you on the GSR Google Earth Map yet? http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=170533

Comment

Glad you got it sorted.
      sigpic

82 GS850
      78 GS1000
      04 HD Fatboy

...............................____
      .................________-|___\____
      ..;.;;.:;:;.,;.|__(O)___|____/_(O)|

Comment

Originally posted by azr View Post
        Would this problem effect my vacuum synch on the carbs? when I synched them earlier I can only assume #4 wasn't firing and now that it is should I resynch?
        If you set the synch right in the first place, with #4 not working, it'll be fine now - it was still pulling vacuum exactly the same even though it wasn't firing (ok, for the purists it will have been the tiniest fraction different).
        79 GS1000S
        79 GS1000S (another one)
        80 GSX750
        80 GS550
        80 CB650 cafe racer
        75 PC50 - the one with OHV and pedals...
        75 TS100 - being ridden (suicidally) by my father

Comment

Originally posted by hampshirehog View Post
          If you set the synch right in the first place, with #4 not working, it'll be fine now - it was still pulling vacuum exactly the same even though it wasn't firing (ok, for the purists it will have been the tiniest fraction different).
          Good to know, and thanks to everyone for their advice. Took her on the road today as it was dry, man does she pull. Big difference between my 850 and this one. Can't wait to take her out for a few hours and see what she'll do.
          Rob
          1983 1100ES, 98' ST1100, 02' DR-Z400E and a few other 'bits and pieces'
          Are you on the GSR Google Earth Map yet? http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=170533

Comment

Working...
          X