Question about front sprocket

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question about front sprocket

im trying to replace me front sprocket on my 81 gs750 and am running into a little issue. I ordered a Sunstar sprocket but it apears to be different from the one im removing. the one that came off is perfectly flat on both sides and is sandwiched between 2 spacers with rubber rings around the outside. the sunstar is flat on one side but has 1/4" lip around the opening on the other. is that supposed to be like that? Can i use that one or should i send it back and get another one? This is my first bike and as such my first time working on one so any feed back would be greatly appreciated. thanks

Donny B.

What matters is that the front sprocket and the rear sprocket line up correctly. Your stock sprocket looks like mine, with 3 screws in it. I replaced mine last winter with one similar to the one you are describing and it works fine.

Comment

awesome. ok thanks. like i said its my first time doing anthing with a bike so if what i have doesnt look like whats coming off the bike i get a little leary. And im doing a ton of work to it over the winter so you'll see me on here plenty!!

Thanks again

Donny b

Comment

Make sure that when you install the spacers to align the countershaft sprocket to the rear sprocket that you allow enough threads for the nut to get to torque spec before running out of threads.
        The sprocket has to be tight.

Daniel

Comment

Working...
        X