Realgasket torque

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Realgasket torque

I'm torquing down my Valve Cover, my first Realgasket gasket. It says 15 inch pounds of torque. I do have a inch pound torque wench I bought by accident. I have the bolts all torqued down to 8 inch pounds I'm chicken to take them to the full 15 inch pounds! Anyone who uses these gaskets, can you give me some advice. The gasket looks like it is already mashing down. I'm not sure how accurate the wrench is. I don't want to over tighten. Thank You
    [SIGPIC1980 GS1000E
    Yamaharley Roadstar Silverado.2008sigpic

There was a discussion on this very topic, it seemed like it was only yesterday.

Oh, wait, it WAS only yesterday.

Click HERE to read about it.

sigpic
    mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
    hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
    #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
    #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
    Family Portrait
    Siblings and Spouses
    Mom's first ride
    Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
    (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post
      There was a discussion on this very topic, it seemed like it was only yesterday.

Thank You, guess I will stop now and see if it leaks. I can always make it tighter
      [SIGPIC1980 GS1000E

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post

Funny one. Mike10 is the king of no searching before starting a new thread.
        Ed

To measure is to know.

Mikuni O-ring Kits For Sale...https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...ts#post1703182

Top Newbie Mistakes thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=171846

Carb rebuild tutorial...https://gsarchive.bwringer.com/mtsac...d_Tutorial.pdf

KZ750E Rebuild Thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...0-Resurrection

Comment

OK I DiD IT

Originally posted by Nessism View Post
          Funny one. Mike10 is the king of no searching before starting a new thread.
          I was having problems with my coil relay job. So I SEARCHED the electrical threads. There it was the same problem I was having. Do not use 87A tab on the relay for coil hot wires as it is always hot. My right coil was hot when the key was off and no spark on 2 & 3 when the key on. Connected both hots to coil, to tab 87. I got a ton of nice white spark on all four. Just never thought of searching threads before. Thank You for helping me not look like a Dumb A$$.
          [SIGPIC1980 GS1000E

Comment

Originally posted by mike10 View Post
            I was having problems with my coil relay job. So I SEARCHED the electrical threads. There it was the same problem I was having. Do not use 87A tab on the relay for coil hot wires as it is always hot. My right coil was hot when the key was off and no spark on 2 & 3 when the key on. Connected both hots to coil, to tab 87. I got a ton of nice white spark on all four. Just never thought of searching threads before. Thank You for helping me not look like a Dumb A$$.
            Just so you know, there ARE some relays out there (I just got a couple at Advance Auto) that have two 87 terminals, instead of an 87 and an 87a. If it has two 87s, they both come on when the relay is activated. That works well for powering the coils individually or running one wire to both coils and a dedicated wire for your sense wire on the r/r.

sigpic
            mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
            hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
            #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
            #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
            Family Portrait
            Siblings and Spouses
            Mom's first ride
            Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
            (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Working...
            X