Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Oil pressure switch leaking - fixable, too!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oil pressure switch leaking - fixable, too!

So the oil pressure sensor switch thingy, on top of the transmission and directly below the cam chain tensioner, was leaking oil.
    No problem, I thought. I'll just pull it offa there and stick in a new o'ring round the base.

Hmmm. Still leaking. It appears to be coming out where the wire connects on top. So I pulled it off again, and fiddled around with it a bit. Gave that brass contact on top (the one where the wire connects to) a push, and the whole brass guts part popped out of the resin plasticky threaded part.

Interesting. But there were no o-rings inside, an the fit was loose at best. Pulled out my trusty Hondabond 4, some cotton tipped applicators, and some acetone.
    Cleaned up all the brass guts and inside the resin threaded plasticky thing. Schmeared in some Hondabond, mashed the whole shebang back together, and let it cure for a couple of days.
    Lo and behold, no more leaks!

Sorry there are no pictures, but I thought if anyone has questions about this they are indeed serviceable (although I don't think they were meant to be)!

Just go to NAPA #0P6115 sender is supposed to fit ???? I have not verified this..

Comment

Working...
    X