850 Rocker Cover

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

850 Rocker Cover

Have been puzzled as to why my 850 was leaking form the head, tried new gasket to no avail. Took rocker cover off today and tried cleaning thoroughly when I noticed a crack in it where the bolt in the cover goes. Question, can it be welded or am I looking for a new cover. Thanks Wayne

Originally posted by wdavie View Post
    Have been puzzled as to why my 850 was leaking form the head, tried new gasket to no avail. Took rocker cover off today and tried cleaning thoroughly when I noticed a crack in it where the bolt in the cover goes. Question, can it be welded or am I looking for a new cover. Thanks Wayne
    Can be welded by competent person. New cover is a long shot for proper fit, as your cover was matched to cylinder head during machining- it's unlikely another cover would work.
    1981 gs650L

"We are all born ignorant, but you have to work hard to stay stupid" Ben Franklin

Comment

Used covers are NOT a problem!!! It can be welded too. Just make sure to get the right year..

Comment

Originally posted by tom203 View Post
        New cover is a long shot for proper fit, as your cover was matched to cylinder head during machining- it's unlikely another cover would work.
        Since when?

Daniel

P.S. : Certainly your cover can be welded. I even ADDED a boss and relocated 2 other bosses to make on of my projects work. )
        Different Block, cylinder and head.

Comment

Working...
        X