valve adjust

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hi guys , new here,
    i have a 82 gs 850 , bought it just recently, issue is ,low cyl pressure , runs on basicaly 2 cyl
    #1 hi n miss pop out exh #2 doesnt hit all #3 runs just ok low temp, # 4 runs low temp
    been reading manuel on timming this thing, guy bought it from rebuilt it said it ran but wouldnt idle ?
    i cant get to idle let alone run much,
    this model has elec ign, trying to see if it is in time, the crank bolt has the A mark and T mark, cannot find the aligment mark anywhere on the plate or housing to show where i should line it up with
    when i get the marks to line up where i think is right ,, the cams are nowhere close to what the book says they should be,,
    does someone have a diagram, with good pics i could see as the what i should see if it is positon please
    if it was a car thing its a 180 out , hahah
    thanks everyone

Comment

Dennis, you'll want to start your own thread so it doesn't mess up the OP's discussion much.

I would first clean those carbs thoroughly and then do a valve adjustment. Once that is done, you can properly synch the carbs and worry about your timing afterwards.
      Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
      1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
      2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
      Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
      and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Working...
      X