anyone sell an engine stand for gs1100

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

anyone sell an engine stand for gs1100

I've seen a couple guys using rotatable engine stands while doing engine work. I bought one for my yamaha xs, was wondering what is the standard procedure.

Get a dead 1100L and cut away anything that doesn't look like an engine stand.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5...tatesMap-1.jpg

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

Speaking of a dead 1100. I'm either going to cut up this frame or give it to you.
      1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
      1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

Originally posted by muzakstylee View Post
        I've seen a couple guys using rotatable engine stands while doing engine work. I bought one for my yamaha xs, was wondering what is the standard procedure.
        just get a engine stand and form up a bracket that will mount to bolt pattern on stand

Comment

Sweet, so just mount to the regular motor mounts?

Comment

Originally posted by muzakstylee View Post
            Sweet, so just mount to the regular motor mounts?
            that should work as long as the mounts are far enough apart so it isnt off balance

Comment

milk crates work good too it your just looking for somewhere to keep your motor upright

Comment

I'll definetly look into it, because moving this motor around is doing a number on my back.

Comment

Something like this?

Daniel

Comment

Originally posted by 7981GS View Post
                    Something like this?

Daniel
                    just like that

Comment

I thought you guys were joking when you said chop a frame down, but now I see that it would totally work, I have a 650 frame I might rework for the occasion. Now the gears are really spinning!

Comment

Why don't you get Chef's frame.... Sure he could chop the back off it so it'll ship..!
                        1980 GS1000G - Sold
                        1978 GS1000E - Finished!
                        1980 GS550E - Fixed & given to a friend
                        1983 GS750ES Special - Sold
                        2009 KLR 650 - Sold - gone to TX!
                        1982 GS1100G - Rebuilt and finished. - Sold
                        2009 TE610 - Dual Sporting around dreaming of Dakar..... - FOR SALE!

www.parasiticsanalytics.com

TWINPOT BRAKE UPGRADE LINKY: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...e-on-78-Skunk/

Comment

Working...
                        X