chain for shaft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

chain for shaft

i have a gs850g shaft , option to get a gs1000 block to replace my worn 850 , problem i've got is the 1000 is a chain , can you exchange the the chain drive of the 1000 with the 850 shaft or is there any way you can chance parts over from one to the other so i don't have to get a different swing arm and backwheel to use the 1000 block, can pick the gs1000 block up for cheaps and the 850 blocks still go for a fortune plus nothing nearby for me

The short answer, nope. Its one OR the other. The longer answer is, How much you wanna spend? Maybe you can sell the 1100 and pick up the stuff to rebuild the 850. I hear theyre pretty fast.

Comment

think i might just sell my 850 then instead of uying the 1000 block and try and change bloks , not enough tools to rebuild my 850 , thought if the 850 drive cant be changed maybe the top ends are interchange able (bit like big boring the 850)

Comment

top ends are interchangable with lots of work. the main reason top ends wont work is because your 850 has 16mm wrist pins and the 1000 has 18 mm. and even if it did fit. you would only be gaining 1 mm. your bore 69mm. 1000 bore 70mm the cc diffarence is made up in stroke.

Comment

i kinda gathered it would be a lot of work the head gasket of the 1000 is compatible with the 850 so wondered if there were more parts compatible or interchangeable with the 850 ,previous owner of my bike told me a 1000 would slide in place of my 850 no bother , so was wondering with the dimensions of the outer parts being so similair maybe switching the drives around would be an easy enough job as well , my 850 engine is i think at its last bit of life left it smokes a lot but still runs , but i dont have the means to rebuild it just now , so i thought switch the engines around , change the drives over and i can run a 1000 block instead of an 850 , but was told earlier you cant switch the drives around on the engines(chain to shaft)

Comment

Hi,

You were not told the whole story. It is true that the 850G and the 1000G share the same frame. You can bolt the 1000G engine into the 850G frame as long as you take the entire driveshaft assembly. Most other parts interchange between those two also. But chain to shaft or vice versa? Fuggetaboudit.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Comment

ah see good thing i like to double check before is spend my money on an engine i cant use lol

Comment

Hi mate there is a gs1000g engine for sale on THAT site for £295, pity you missed the 850 one a lad on Lewis was selling for 200, might have his contact details if you're interested. Good luck

Comment

always interested in a potential replacement engine if you could pm me some contact detail of any you know for sale

Comment

Working...
                  X