Left hand light switch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Left hand light switch

Ok mine is completely screwed now. haha The lights would come on if you messed with the off and on switch a bit but now they are completely out, and the blinkers dont work either. Soooo its time to get a new switch. Two quick questions, 1. Does anyone know the other models hand switch that will work with my bike? im hoping i can save money by having a wider selection. 2. Does anyone know where i can find one cheap? thanks for your guys time!

Originally posted by Evilbassp View Post
    Ok mine is completely screwed now. haha The lights would come on if you messed with the off and on switch a bit but now they are completely out, and the blinkers dont work either. Soooo its time to get a new switch. Two quick questions, 1. Does anyone know the other models hand switch that will work with my bike? im hoping i can save money by having a wider selection. 2. Does anyone know where i can find one cheap? thanks for your guys time!
    Lots of suzukis of this era shared a common switch- after model year 81, there was no longer a headght on/off, the lights were on all the time, but you could still use this style of switch if you run with headlights on. These are always available on ebay, salvage yards. You might have to change plugs if you don't get an exact replacement.
    1981 gs650L

"We are all born ignorant, but you have to work hard to stay stupid" Ben Franklin

Comment

Take it apart, maybe a wire is broken, I had a similar problem and that's what it was, I just soldered it back and it's good as new.

Comment

im gonna try that first, i got nothing to lose haha

Comment

Be very careful while taking it apart. Those little springs can and will go shooting out of there when separating them. I just did my left control switch. I broke the hi/lo/left/right slide button trying to take it apart. The only way to take the button off is to remove the inner piece that has the wires soldered to it. Then you rotate the button 90 degrees and then it will come out. You have to take the innards out first because the back side of the button slides into a grove that is located on inner plastic that has the wires soldered to it. I don't know what this piece is called.

You'll figure it out once you have it a part.
          1979 GS850G
          2004 SV650N track bike
          2005 TT-R125 pit bike
          LRRS #246 / Northeast Cycles / Woodcraft / Armour Bodies / Hindle Exhaust / Central Mass Powersport

http://s327.photobucket.com/albums/k443/tas850g/

Comment

Working...
          X