GS 650 GL 1982 clutch cable

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GS 650 GL 1982 clutch cable

Just bought mine and joined but had a quick question... yesterday while riding my clutch cable came loose from the sprocket at the transmission.. after bucking in 2nd gear for a min or two i got home and after trying to readjust the angle of the sprocket so that the screw that goes into my clutch cable wouldnt be at the end of its threads it seems like the sprocket doesnt offer any resistance to pull my clutch handle back.. my question is.. Im assuming that the clutch offers the spring load to reset my clutch handle after it is depressed not my actual clutch cable.. am i correct in thinking this?? Thanks a ton!
    Last edited by Guest; 05-24-2011, 10:12 AM.

Greetings and Salutations!!

Hi Mr. jrock4,

You can download the factory manual from my little website. It will have the clutch adjustment procedure in it. It seems your bike has been modified, but I know there's a GS650GL under there somewhere.

Anyway, let me dump a TON if information on you and share some GS lovin'.

I just stopped by to welcome you to the forum in my own, special way.

If there's anything you'd like to know about the Suzuki GS model bikes, and most others actually, you've come to the right place. There's a lot of knowledge and experience here in the community. Come on in and let me say "HOoooowwwDY!"....

Here is your very own magical, mystical, mythical, mind-expanding "mega-welcome". Please take notice of the "Top 10 Common Issues", "Top 15 Tips For GS Happiness", the Carb Cleanup Series, and the Stator Papers. All of these tasks must be addressed in order to have a safe, reliable machine. Now let me roll out the welcome mat for you...

Please click here for your mega-welcome, chock full of tips, suggestions, links to vendors, and other information. Then feel free to visit my little BikeCliff website where I've been collecting the wisdom of this generous community. Don't forget, we like pictures! Not you, your bike!

Thanks for joining us. Keep us informed.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Comment

Originally posted by jrock4 View Post
      Just bought mine and joined but had a quick question... yesterday while riding my clutch cable came loose from the sprocket at the transmission.. after bucking in 2nd gear for a min or two i got home and after trying to readjust the angle of the sprocket so that the screw that goes into my clutch cable wouldnt be at the end of its threads it seems like the sprocket doesnt offer any resistance to pull my clutch handle back.. my question is.. Im assuming that the clutch offers the spring load to reset my clutch handle after it is depressed not my actual clutch cable.. am i correct in thinking this?? Thanks a ton!
      The pivot lever arm faces forward and will angle in towards centerline of bike about 15 degrees when mounted on pivot- then the cable is attached and adjusted so there is maybe 1/4 inch free play (at hand lever outer end) before you feel resistance.
      1981 gs650L

"We are all born ignorant, but you have to work hard to stay stupid" Ben Franklin

Comment

Thanks a ton!

Comment

Working...
        X