bearing sizes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

bearing sizes

can anyone confirm the correct bearing ID numbers for all the bearings in a GS1000E engine from an off the shelf bearing dealer rather than buying them from a genuine suzuki dealer?
    1978 GS1085.

Just remember, an opinion without 3.14 is just an onion!

You can get all the bearing sizes by working through the fisches eg Alpha sports.

I'm right with you on buying 'non Suzuki' - genuine Zook mains for a TS250 cost a mate of mine over £100 (and 10 years ago) while I tried to convince him to buy the right size bearings from a bearing supplier for less than £15. His genuine bearings turned up in the Suzuki box and with 'Made in Germany' stamped on the bearings.
    79 GS1000S
    79 GS1000S (another one)
    80 GSX750
    80 GS550
    80 CB650 cafe racer
    75 PC50 - the one with OHV and pedals...
    75 TS100 - being ridden (suicidally) by my father

Comment

Originally posted by Agemax View Post
      can anyone confirm the correct bearing ID numbers for all the bearings in a GS1000E engine from an off the shelf bearing dealer rather than buying them from a genuine suzuki dealer?

If you go to the fiche at alpha sports you can see the dimensions of the bearing when you click ont he part to get the price.

09264-32009 is the crank bearing and you need 3 at 128 bucks !!!
      Yes got to a bearing shop.

supersedes: 09264-32002 09264-32005 09264-32008
      Desc RC 32X78X21 BRG USD Price 128.67

Comment

The crankshaft bearings have recessed holes in them to engage with pins in the case, and the transmission bearings have grooves on the OD of the race that engage with some crescent shaped pieces to position the bearings where they need to go. You can't just replace these parts with generic bearings. There are a couple of needle bearings you might be able to source at a bearing supply house but that's a crap shoot too. Good thing is the bearings are typically very durable and don't often need replacing.
        Ed

To measure is to know.

Mikuni O-ring Kits For Sale...https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...ts#post1703182

Top Newbie Mistakes thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=171846

Carb rebuild tutorial...https://gsarchive.bwringer.com/mtsac...d_Tutorial.pdf

KZ750E Rebuild Thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...0-Resurrection

Comment

Originally posted by Nessism View Post
          The crankshaft bearings have recessed holes in them to engage with pins in the case, and the transmission bearings have grooves on the OD of the race that engage with some crescent shaped pieces to position the bearings where they need to go. You can't just replace these parts with generic bearings. There are a couple of needle bearings you might be able to source at a bearing supply house but that's a crap shoot too. Good thing is the bearings are typically very durable and don't often need replacing.
          ok so the crankshaft bearings maybe a one off suzuki item with the holes but there are plenty of grooved bearings off the shelf available.
          needle roller bearings are almost all off the shelf items too.
          maybe i should be asking for a complete standard bike kit from front wheel to rear wheel, all inclusive......if available off the shelf
          1978 GS1085.

Comment

Originally posted by Agemax View Post
            maybe i should be asking for a complete standard bike kit from front wheel to rear wheel, all inclusive......if available off the shelf
            Max, don't ask, just do it yourself and then provide us with the list so we don't have to do it.

Comment

Originally posted by Suzuki_Don View Post
              Max, don't ask, just do it yourself and then provide us with the list so we don't have to do it.
              was just wondering if anyone already had a list compiled already, but i will make a start
              1978 GS1085.

Comment

Working...
              X